Saturday, November 3, 2018

Battletech...A blast from the Past!!!

As stated I am time poor or unable to time manage.  I still try and catch up with friends when I can.  From this was the need to pull out an old favourite "BattleTech".

In the Mid 80's I was infatuated with the Robotech cartoon series.  So in 1987 I picked up a wargaming magazine and saw an ad for BattleTech and a short story and I was hooked. It may have been about a year when I was able to pick up the boxset in the only gaming store in my home town.


The next problem was to find someone to play with.  That took some time but once I did some friends interested we played every spare minute. But while I was waiting this came out "The Crescent Hawk's Inception", so a true addiction was born.


Forward to today.  A new Computer game for BattleTech is out.  Two new Box set have been released for the miniature game.  More story lines to follow, New Mech miniatures from various different manufactures gives you no end of possibilities.  Also different rule types, either the Classic or Alpha strike.

"Its a great time to be gaming."


 

2 comments:

  1. I remember some Battletech long long time ago. It was fun to play and multiplayer ready

    ReplyDelete