Sunday, June 2, 2019

Battletech map 3D style

I have played BattleTech on and off over the past 28 years of so, and almost always on the hex based maps in the box sets.  I have been following a lot of gaming and painting groups on Facebook and some of the offerings have been inspiring to say the least.

I have seen a lot of tables players have done.  But due to lack of space I wanted to try a portable version.  Easy to pack away.

I did initially think of using some Hex tiles (Plastic I think.  Not to heavy.) from my Local Bunnings hardware store and I might revisit that at a later time.  The hexes where large and gives a more of a scale to the table, A chance to make some nice terrain.



But I found these puzzle matts at a "Diaso" a $2.80 store.  So I grabbed a couple.



A perfect size.  So I bought some more.




So now I need to get/create 6mm terrain. I also want to somehow paint them without flaking so possibly some experimenting needed.




 Battle On







No comments:

Post a Comment